Wednesday, June 23, 2010

OC VB summer check in from Lizzie

Hi OCVB world!


My summer has been extremely busy and fun so far! I have been reaping the benefits of living in Manhattan everyday. I went to see a Broadway show, Promises, Promises, and went to the new Yankee stadium (we won!) I have been going to a bunch of concerts: Jordin Sparks, The Neville Brothers, James Taylor & Carole King, and the New Kids on the Block. I saw Cynthia Nixon on the street right outside my house, which was fun and unexpected! I spent a weekend in Boston visiting an Obie friend and am taking the bus down to DC to visit my roommate in a few weeks.


I started my job this week and I love it! Essentially, I am teaching literacy to inner-city youth as well as coaching them in baseball to learn real life skills. It's a three week training, which is really intense, but I am learning so much about kids. I've been doing some really serious workshops about how to be an effective sports coach (watch out Troy and Carey!) and how to reach kids in a real, effective manner. Everything so far is going well and I can't wait to update y'all about my summer again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment