Monday, February 8, 2010

Semester Abroad

One of the most popular questions we get is, "Will I be able to study abroad?" In response we have always said that we support any athlete who chooses to study abroad as it is a great opportunity. Junior middle blocker Maggie Jacobson is actually spending the entire spring semester in France and has volunteered to write excerpts about her experiences. Maggie wrote us this when she got to Paris.


For winter term this year I do not have a project because I have the wonderful opportunity to study in Paris for the semester and my exchange program started in the middle of winter term. One of the great opportunities with Oberlin is that they really encourage you to study abroad and have lots of exchange programs available. As a double major in Economics and French, I wanted a program in France where I could take economics and business-type classes in French. Fortunately, Oberlin does direct exchanges with Sciences Po, one of France's top Social Science universities, which has just what I was looking for! On top of that, because several students come to Oberlin each year from Sciences Po, I have plenty of friends who have been helping me adjust to the french life!

Hope all is well,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment