Friday, May 1, 2009


This week for our Fun workout, we decided to take to the fields outside and play a little two-hand touch football. The ground was wet from the rain and it was windy--two obstacles that made the event just that more fun. We played three on three (Maggie, Kaitlin, and Eric vs. Lizzie, Courtney, and myself with Carey as all time quarterback) through the wind and the rain. The slippery grass wasn't very conducive to fancy footwork so I spent about 75% of the time falling down and getting grass stains all over me. It was a very intense game, complete with Hail Mary passes and impeccable two-handed taps (there may or may not have been an instance where I tackled Carey, but that's something we don't want to talk about). After a couple touchdowns and several unfortunate wipeouts, the game conceded to be a tie.

We decided we weren't toughed up enough as we left the fields, so naturally the only way to fix the situation was to throw mud on ourselves. And at each other. And at the coaches.

Overall, it was quite the splendid time, even though I myself am almost too sore to walk today.

~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment