Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break 09 Part 4


Hello All,

For spring break I went to Austin, Texas for the the first time. I was expecting warm weather and lots of sun. However, this was not the case. I was planning a shopping expedition and asked at the front desk of the hotel about the location of the best shopping areas. They gave me instructions and a highlighted map and then asked me if I wanted an umbrella. (Now I should tell you that I had been carefully monitoring the weather channel and it said it was going to rain for sure). I decided that if I simply ignored the fact that it was supposed to rain it would not happen, so I turned down the offer for the umbrella and said I would risk it. About 5 minutes after leaving the hotel it began to pour and did not let up for more than 2 hours leaving me stranded in ironworks barbecue restaurant... and I heard that residents of Austin were thrilled because it hadn't rained for weeks :(

~Rita Kaplon

No comments:

Post a Comment